Badshah was born in New Delhi, India. He is an Indian Rapper, Music Producer, Composer, Lyricist, Film Producer & Record Producer who is best known for his participation in Punjabi, Bollywood, and Haryanvi songs.
Badshah has recently released a new hip-hop album with eight new tracks. Titled “The Power Of Dreams Of A Kid”, the album traces Badshah’s lyrical journey from the time he penned his first rap song to his present-day stature as a pop star.
Badshah is Well known Indian rapper and singer known for his Hindi, Haryanvi, and Punjabi songs and his real name is Aditya Prateek Singh Sisodia. He was born on 19 November 1985 in New Delhi, India. Badshah is noticeable for his work in Indian Punjabi singing industry. He debuts in Punjabi album Born Star in 2012 with Deep money.
Badshah started his carrier as a Singer with Rafftar and Deep money unsuccessful Punjabi Album. He achieved great success in Bollywood Film soundtracks like in “Saturday-Saturday” (2014). Badshah first commercial success of the decade came with the ensemble song “Abhi Toh Party Shuru Hui Hai” in 2014.
He worked in almost 40 hits and flop Album and single track. He earned many awards like GIMA Award for Breakthrough Artist of the Year in 2016 and Punjabi Music Best Music Director for a Single Award in 2016.
|Real Name||Aditya Prateek Singh Sisodia|
Bad Boy Shah
Its Your Boy Badshah
|Famous Song||DJ Waley Babu|
|Birth Date||19 November 1985|
|Age||35 years (as of 2020)|
|Birth Place||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|Debut||Song – Saturday Saturday (2012)|
Bollywood Film (as an actor) – Khandaani Shafakhana (2019)
Punjabi Film (as a producer) – Do Dooni Panj (2019)
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178.4 cm|
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10″
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 84 kgs|
in Pounds- 185 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||chest – 42inches|
Waist – 34 inches
Biceps – 16 inches
Education Qualification and Schooling/College
Badshah completed his schooling from Bal Bharati Public School, New Delhi wherein he used to perform for his school singing group. Prior emerging as a musician he had joined as a math student at St Stephens College, Delhi prior heading towards civil engineering at PEC University of Technology, all through which he was opened to new Punjabi music which encouraged him to adopt rap writing. He once stated that if he was not a music rapper, he might “have been a Civil Service Officer”. Badshah initiated his career with his new name “Cool Equal”. Though, with the passage of time he amended his name to Badshah.
|Schooling||Bal Bharti Public School, Pitampura, Delhi|
|College||Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi|
Delhi: St. Stephen’s College (discontinued after one month)
Civil engineer at PEC, Chandigarh
Badshah was born in Delhi, to a father from Haryana and a mother from Punjab. He is married to Jasmine. They have a daughter Jessemy Grace Masih Singh (born January 11, 2017). His sister’s name is Aprajita.
|Daughter||Jessemy Grace Masih Singh|
He started his career in the music industry with the name “Cool Equal”, but then changed his name to Badshah.
In 2018 Badshah released his first album O.N.E. – Original Never End.
His 2019 song “Paagal” reached 74.8 million views on YouTube within 24 hours, setting the record for the most-viewed video in 24 hours on YouTube. BTS fans claimed that the artist had bought the views to cross the global record due to his low number of likes in the first 24 hours, but YouTube did not confirm whether the views are real or fake. The song also did not appear in the 100-position Global Top Music Videos chart for the week. However, Badshah denied it was fake views, but admitted his record label Sony Music India bought paid ads.
An explanation for YouTube not acknowledging the record was that Badshah’s record label Sony Music India had purchased advertisements from Google and YouTube that embedded the video or directed fans to it in some way. However, it has emerged that this is a common practice in the global music industry, and that similar practices had previously been used by the record labels of previous record holders such as Ariana Grande and Blackpink. This has cast doubt on some of the 24-hour viewership records on YouTube.
His song “Genda Phool” was released by Sony Music India in 2020. It had mixing with a Bengali folk song “Boro Loker Biti Lo”. Ratan Kahar, a Bengali artist, claimed to be the original writer and composer of the folk song. Though Badshah later released a statement saying that it was a traditional Baul folk song which was not copyrighted, since folk music does not fall under copyright protections and is thus in the public domain.
Awards and nominations
|Award ceremony||Category||Nominated Work|
|Film fare Awards||Best Playback Singer- Male||Tareefah’|
|PTC Punjabi Film Awards||Best Punjabi Music of The Year||Wakhra Swag by Navv Inder ft. Badshah|
|10th Mirchi Music Awards||Best Song Engineer (Recording & Mixing)||“Mercy” from O.N.E (Album)|
|Brit Asia TV Music Awards 2017||Best Bollywood Act||N/A|
|Favorite Color||Black, Blue and Red.|
|Favorite Player||Virat Kohli|
|Favorite Actress||Kajol Devgan|
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favorite Film Director||Yash Chopra|
|Favorite Movie||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)|
|Favorite Singer||Gurdas Maan|
|Favorite Song||Mercy (2001), Kar Gi Chull (2009)|
|Favorite Food||Mom’s cooked food, all Non. veg food like Kebabs, Mutton Biryani, and Bhindi (ladyfinger)|
|Hobbies||Reading Novels, Playing with his Children’s and Singing|
Facts about Badshah
- Does Badshah smoke? Ans: Not known
- Does Badshah Drink? Ans: Not known
- He debuts in Punjabi album Born Star in 2012 with Deep money.
- Badshah started his carrier as a Singer with Raftar and Deep money unsuccessful Punjabi Album.
- He earned many awards like GIMA Award for Breakthrough Artist of the Year in 2016.
- Badshah first commercial success of the decade came with the ensemble song “Abhi Toh Party Shuru Hui Hai” in 2014.
- His favourite food is Mom’s cooked food, all Non. veg food like Kebabs, Mutton Biryani, and Bhindi (ladyfinger) his favourite destination is London.
- In the year 2012, he rapped in Yo Yo’s Get Up Jawani which was a megahit.
- In the year 2012, he had some clangs with Yo Yo Honey Singh and the duo separated their ways.
- Badshah has released a number of super hit songs in alliance with numerous renowned Punjabi singers such as with Diljit Dosanjh, Gippy Grewal; Buzz with Aastha Gill and Wakhra Swag with Navv Inder.
- Badshah’s music has included in numerous songs of Bollywood movies such as Kapoor & Sons, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania, Khoobsurat, Sanam Re, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Nawabzaade and Veere Di Wedding.
- He was a bookish child and had a profound interest in Mathematics all through his schooling.
- Badshah also had a fascination towards singing and was a prominent part of his school’s music group.
- He desired to become an IAS officer though finished up being a singer.
- Badshah initiated his career as a rapper together with Yo Yo Honey Singh in his band called Mafia Mundeer.
- He is fond of ice creams.
- He considers SRK as his inspiration.
- His friends and family call him Prince
Social Media Handles
Badshah is super active on all the social media platforms. Link to her profiles are given below :
Also read about Kapilsharma and more others.