Jasleen Kaur Royal, known professionally as Jasleen Royal, is an Indian singer, songwriter and composer who sings in Punjabi, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati as well as in English.
Jasleen Royal Biography, Wiki, Singer, Career, Youtube, Awards and Much More
Jasleen was made her singing debut with Single ‘Panchi Hojavan’ (2013) and her Bollywood Singing debut ‘Preet’ on the film Khoobsurat. She belongs from a Sikh family and was born and brought up in Ludhiana, Punjab. She gained a lot of attention lately when she made it to the semi-finals of the first season of India’s Got Talent in 2009. The self-trained musician is known for her hit tracks such as Nachde Ne Saare, Laaj Sharam, and Kho Gaye Hum Kahan. She has collaborated with fellow Bollywood singers for her songs and she can sing in Hindi, Punjabi, and English.
|Full Name||Jasleen Kaur Royal|
|Nick Name||Jasleen Royal|
|Occupation/Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Musician|
|Debut||Panchi Hojavan (2013)|
Bollywood Singing: ‘Preet’ from film Khoobsurat (2014)
|Birthplace||Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|Current City||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height (approx.)||Feet – 5 feet 3 inches|
Centimetres – 160 cm
Meters – 1.6 m
|Weight (approx.)||Kilograms – 55 kg|
Pounds – 121 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||34-25-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
Jasleen Royal made her debut as a singer with the song “Panchi Ho Javan” for MTV, for which she composed music as well.
As a playback singer, she debuted with the song “Preet” in the 2014 romantic drama film Khoobsurat.
She composed all the songs of Rani Mukerji-starrer “Hichki” in 2017, which was her first solo album in a film.
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) Honours|
|School||Sacred Heart Convent School, Ludhiana|
|College||Hindu College, New Delhi|
Jasleen Royal Career
Kaur completed her schooling from Sacred Heart Convent School, Ludhiana and later moved to New Delhi for further studies. She completed her B. Com Honors from Hindu College, New Delhi. With no formal training in music, majorly self-taught, Jasleen first gained popularity when she qualified as one of the semi-finalists in the first season of India’s Got Talent in 2009. She was all of 18 years of age at that time. She stood out because of her ability to play multiple instruments at the same time.
She was amicably called as the ‘one-woman band’ by the then judge Sonali Bendre, Kirron Kher and Shekhar Kapur for she can collectively play the guitar, mouth organ, flute and a tambourine while singing. She can also play the keyboard, which also happens to be the first instrument she ever played. She currently resides in Mumbai and is working on multiple Bollywood projects.
Jasleen has performed on NDTV Our Girls, Our Pride along with Swanand Kirkire hosted by Priyanka Chopra.
She had also appeared and performed at L’Oréal Paris Miss Femina (India) Awards, 2014.
Jasleen has also participated in a debate on NDTV India on ‘How money is not the bigger factor while choosing an employment’.
Jasleen Royal Songs
|2013||Panchi Hojavan||MTV||Composer & Singer|
|Maye Ni||featuring Swanand Kirkire|
|Din Shagna Da||Single|
|Door Ghar Mera hai||Kitkat|
|2016||Kho Gaye Hum Kahan||Baar Baar Dekho||Singer & Composer|
|Nachde Ne Saare|
|Love You Zindagi||Dear Zindagi||Singer|
|Chotta Hoon Main||Dear Dad|
|2017||Kidre Jawa||Haramkhor||Singer & Composer|
|Din Shagna Da|
|Peh Gaya Khalara||Fukrey Returns|
|Amar Drawing Khata (Reprise)|
Har Mod Par Ummeed Hai
|Chhaya O Chhobi (Bengali Film)|
|2018||All songs||Hichki||Composer and also sang “Teri Dastaan”|
|Laaj Sharam||Veere Di Wedding||Singer|
|Man Melo||Sharato Lagu|
|2019||Jahan Tu Chala||Gully Boy||Singer and Composer|
|Deh Shiva||Kesari||Singer and Composer|
|2020||Nit Nit||Nit Nit||Singer and Composer|
|2020||Sang Rahiyo||Sang Rahiyo||Singer and Composer|
Father: Mohinder Bittu Royal (Entrepreneur)
Mother: Bably Kaur
Brother: Japji Singh
|Favorite Music||House music|
|Favorite Fruits||Entawak, Purple mangosteen|
|Favorite Hobbies||Playing musical instruments|
|Favorite Destination||London, United Kingdom and Amsterdam|
|Favorite Color||Midnight blue, French blue|
Jasleen Royal Facts
- She is a self-taught musician. She didn’t take proper training in music, however, she taught herself to play instruments like guitar, harmonica, and piano.
- Jasleen gained immense popularity when she participated in the first season of India’s Got Talent. She was selected as one of the semi-finalists but failed to go beyond that. However, she won the likes of millions of people.
- She gave an amazing performance on NDTV Our Girls, Our Pride along with Swanand Kirkire, which was hosted by Priyanka Chopra.
- In 2014, she performed at the L’Oréal Paris Miss Femina Awards.
- According to her, musicians Rabbi Shergill, A.R. Rahman, Lucky Ali, and British singer-songwriter Cat Stevens are her biggest musical inspirations.
- Though Jasleen was conceived in a Sikh family, she is a non-religious person.
- Her debut song “Panchi Hojavan” earned her the Best Indie Song award at the MTV Video Music Awards. She also won the Best Indie Artist Award at Songdew’s Free The Music.
- Jasleen was featured in Elle’s editorial in 2018.
- She sings tunes in various dialects like Hindi, Punjabi, and English.
- She made her entrance in Bollywood in 2014 with the tune ‘Preet’ of film ‘Khoobsurat’, featuring Sonam Kapoor and Fawad Khan.
- Jasleen loves pets especially dogs.
|2016||Mirchi Music Awards||“Raatein”||Shivaay (film)||Upcoming Music Composer of The Year||Nominated|