Sweta Singh is an Indian journalist and news presenter. She is a news anchor and Executive Editor of Special Programming at Aaj Tak. She began her career as a journalist very early in her life. She is well known for her Sports related news.
Sweta Singh Biography, Career, News, Instagram, Family, and Images
Sweta Singh was born in Patna, Bihar. She started her career in journalism since her college days. She is pretty quiet about her private life. She spent her childhood in her hometown. For her education, she went to some School in Patna. Afterward, she enrolled at Patna University. Later, she graduated from there with a degree in Mass Communication. At first, she worked for the ‘Times of India’ in her hometown, Patna. Afterwards, in search of bigger opportunities, she moved to the capital of India, Delhi. There she joined Hindustan Times.
|Full Name||Sweta Singh|
|Occupation/Profession||Executive Editor & News Anchor|
|Famous as||News Anchor and Executive Editor of Special Programming at Aaj Tak|
|Birthplace||Patna, Bihar, India.|
|Hometown||Patna, Bihar, India.|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm|
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 58 kg|
in Pounds- 128 lbs
|Educational Qualification||• Graduation in Mass Communication|
|School||• Patna School, Bihar.|
|College||• Patna Women’s University, Bihar|
She is married to her long time boyfriend, Sanket Kotkar. They have a daughter. He is a Senior Technology Manager at Enlight Solutions Private Limited, is from Maharashtra and currently living in Dehli.
In 1998, Sweta joined Zee News, where she served as the anchor. Finally, in 2002, she moved to Aaj Tak. Since then she has been working for Aaj Tak. Presently, she is one of the top news anchors of India. She also works as Executive Editor of Special Programming in Aaj Tak.
Additionally, Sweta Singh has also featured in a film Chakravyu as a reporter. Some of her hit shows are “Sourav ka Sixer,” “History of Patlipura,” and others. As of now, she earns a good amount of income from her job. She earns an estimated salary of around Rs 1 crore per year.
Her show Sourav ka Sixer won the award for best sports programme by Sports Journalism Federation of India (SJFI) in 2005. She has also made appearances in some films, like Chak De! India and Chakravyuh as an Aaj Tak news presenter. Singh also did the show History of Patliputra during 2015 Bihar Legislative Assembly Election.
SJFI Award for Saurav Ka Sixer 2005, ENBA award for Best Producer 2013, ENBA Best Business Show for Shwetpatra Budget in 2014, NT award for Best Anchor 2012, NT Award Best Talk Show Business, Best Talk Show Entertainment, Best Anchor 2015, ENBA Best Anchor 2017
- Sweta Singh did not want to become a journalist from the start. He wanted to become a film director.
- She’s well known for her sports-news related shows.
- She began her career as a journalist very early in her life when she was in her first year of Graduation.
- She has received many prestigious awards as the best news anchor in India.
- In 2005, her show ‘Sourav ka Sixer’ won the award for best sports program by Sports Journalism Federation of India (SJFI)
- She has also made appearances in a few Bollywood films as a news presenter on Aajtak.
- She has been on The Kapil Sharma Show, where she said that she wanted to become a film director.
- She started working in electronic media in 1998. Later, she worked for Zee News and Sahara, before joining Aaj Tak in the year 2002.
Social Media Handles